Sunday, April 7, 2013

4/3 Being Hydrated & Wednesday's Training

This is the fourth week back on a simple linear progression, feels good to add to the bar every time.
At the start of this run I was sitting at -
182lb bodyweight
Press - two singles at 145lb
Bench - two singles at 245lb
Squat - 3 singles at 270lb
Deadlift - 2 singles at 370lb
Chin ups - 20

Hoping to take those singles for reps here in the not too distant future, the goal being to progress in either reps or weight for the main lifts and slowly add some conditioning to the mix. Then in the next few months I'll turn up the heat on conditioning in prep for doing the zombie run in San Bernardino on Sep 28th! The diet has been pretty good as evident below I'm up about 8ish pounds mainly from doubling my protein intake and adding a ton of water daily since I was super dehydrated and starting to feel sluggish lately. It's amazing how dehydrated we can get and not even notice...speaking of which- 

Most people are dehydrated, I could name a handful of people I see all the time that are dehydrated. If you find yourself at any point in the day craving or just deciding to have a glass of water - you're not drinking enough H2O. A quick rundown to becoming more hydrated (which might surprise you how much better you feel both physically and mentally when you're properly watered up)


  • Have a cup on your nightstand, fill it and drink it in one sitting when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed. (yes you will probably awaken and have to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night when you first start, but this will stop)
  • When you're sitting on your computer facebooking/doing homework/working/whatever, take a big jug of gatorade and a pitcher/jug of water and pour them half and half into a cup, drink the cup til its gone and then fill it back up approximately half and half again. Do this until both the gatorade and water jug are gone. Try this once or twice a day for a week in addition to drinking water like normal and I guarantee you'll feel better all around - especially if you're working out hard. It works and I do it all the time (got this tip from the JP over at Strength Villain check out his work he's one of my favorite sources on fitness and life)
  • I love diet soda, coffee, and iced tea with a burning passion. In fact I think I taste all three of them at some point on a daily basis, bad news without a good water intake. Caffeine is also an appetite killer for those less accustomed to it so be wary mass gainers out there. For every one of these drinks you have, have an equal amount of water soon after.


Anyways as of Wednesday I was -
Bodyweight - 190.2 lbs 

Hit the press, weighted chin ups, deadlift, and neck harness. Killer workout, still getting double digit reps on my final set with the press so I'll bump it 5lbs again in attempt to bring them down to the money range of 6-8. Chins are progressing nicely, adding 2.5lbs to each set as long as I make the 6-8 range for both sets. Deadlift is also feeling good, I'm capping the set at 10 reps for my first run through for forms sake, but that'll change when I have to reset. Neck harness is getting really hard, we'll see if I can keep on keeping on here.



Press - 105lb x 5 , 5 , 16 ( bumped it 5lbs to bring the reps down but almost tied last weeks 17, started pretty low tho)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKm31dVfhiw


Chins - 17.5lb x 8 , 12.5lb x 8
Deadlift - 305 x 10 ( I always cap at 10 on my first run through a weight, just to be good with my form )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joyaqrHu-XU

Neck - 4 x 25 @ 17.5lb (these are getting tough)
Chin ladder - 2 Ladders to 2
KB swing x 50 ( just messing around, need to add some conditioning soon though)

Til next time..


No comments:

Post a Comment